Business Ethics :-It is the study of appropriate business policies and practices regarding potentially controversial subjects including corporate governance, insider trading, bribery, discrimination, corporate social responsibility, and fiduciary responsibilities.



Ethical and Unethical Issues in HR:-
Ethical Issues in HR:-
  • Employment Issues: HR professionals are likely to face maximum ethical dilemmas in the areas of hiring of employees. ...
  • Cash and Incentive Plans
  • Employees Discriminations
  • Performance Appraisal
  • Privacy
  • Safety and Health
  • Restructuring and layoffs
Some of the Unethical Behaviours in HRM includes:

1. Doing their own personal work in the company time

This includes calling their family to know about the family situation.

2. Altering the timing by showing up late for office

Always showing up late and not maintaining proper attendance in the office.

3. Using their position or their power to disrespect or mistreat the employees who are working under us.

4. Stealing something from the company which may also include manipulating the accounts.

5. Lying to their employees which makes them to lose trust.

6. Disrespecting company’s ethical standards or violating company’s policies.


Ethical and Unethical Practices in Finance:- 

Ethical Practices in Finance

1. Profit, but Not at Any Cost.

2. The client's Interest first

3. A commitment of Excellence 

4. Ethics Prioritized over client instruction

5. Legal is not always ethical

Unethical Practices in Finance

Variety of situation that might lead to unethical practices in accounting include:- Misleading Financial analysis in order to obtain personal gains .

1. Misuse of Funds (Liquidity)

2. Exaggerating revenue

3. Purposely providing enormous information in regards to expanses 

4. Exaggerating the value of corporate assets 

5. Purposely providing erroneous information in regard to liabilities .

6. Securities fraud

7. financial market manipulation 

8. Inside Trading





KINGFISHER AIRLINES: Ethical and Unethical Practices


INTRODUCTION:-
Firstly I am discussing with you the introduction of Kingfisher Airlines Limited after that the ethical and unethical practices. Kingfisher airlines is a largest Indian airline company and has operated more than four hundred flights .It provides both domestic as well as international services. It has around 72 networks of destinations, with in or region and abroad or international services. Kingfisher Airlines has holding companies named United Breweries Group. Kingfisher Airlines is one of the six largest airlines in all over world with given five star rating by skytrax . In the month of may 09, the Kingfisher airlines has been carried around more than a million of million peoples or passengers . It has its office in Bangalore and its head office in in Mumbai.

ETHICAL ACTIVITICS:-

1. Equal opportunities provides by kingfishers airline:- 

The company will provide equal opportunities, who are recruited for their skills , aptitude, experience and ability. There is no discrimination among the employees on gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, religious belief or any other unlawful reason is not permitted. who are working in the company. And have given equal opportunities in their employment. You are responsible for upholding and implementing the Group's equal opportunity policy in the workplace and any other policy dealing with such matters. Details of the Company's Equal Opportunities policy can be found on the intranet.

2. Health and safety:- 

The company has already mentioned in the laws and regulations relating to environment that it is our� responsibility of every employee to help ensure that their working� place environment is both healthy and safe for the benefit of our employees ,customers and other member who are working in the company And if there is anyone who does not follow the laws, the company will take strict actions against them . This all is very important for company future and yes for employee because you know that Healthy environment, better company future.It requires you to be careful about your own health and safety, as well as the health and safety of all those who may be affected by your behaviour. You must follow all instructions and guidelines dealing with such matters and co-operate with those responsible for ensuring that all applicable health and safety requirements are followed. Kingfisher airlines hired a special senior manager especially for health and safety programs. We need to learn from minor incidents and 'near misses' in order that we can avoid similar, but possibly more serious accidents in the future. We therefore encourage any employee who is aware of a potentially dangerous situation to report it to their line manager or a senior officer of the company without delay.

3. Primary Education

The company also provide quality education to children for there and also provide nutrition which give the children to create their interest in study.  Company runs the Awareness programmes.  Company provide Infrastructure for existing schools
 Company provide Financing payroll of teachers or support staff appointed.  Company also Providing meals.

3. Water Availability

Kingfisher airlines has also taken various steps for conservation of water resources and facilitate access to clean and portable drinking water. It includes :  Rain water harvesting  Providing portable drinking water to communities.

CERTAIN ACHIECVEMENTS ON THE BASIS OF ETHICAL ACTIVITIES:-


  •  Three global awards had given to Kingfisher Airlines awards at the SKYTRAX World Airline Awards.
  •  'Best Airline in India' and 'Best Cabin Crew-Cental Asia.. Kingfisher RED named Best low cost Airline in india.
  •  Kingfisher Airlines has received NDTV Profit Business Leadership Award by NDTV twice in two year. 
  •  Skytrax has rated Kingfisher airlines India's 5 Star airline and 6th best airline in the world. 
  • Agfaqs has rated India's 'Second Buzziest Brand 2008'.The Reporter of this brand ranked amongst India's 'Top Service Brand of 2008. 
  •  A survey is conducted by an company, it is found that the Kingfisher airline is the 'India's Favourite Brand'. 
  • A survey is conducted by TNS and has been found that Kingfisher airlines is best Asia Pacific's 'Top Airline Brand'. 
  •  Kingfisher airlines has also received the 'Brand Leadership Award' in hospitality. 
  •  Kingfisher airline has received the Economic Times Avaya Award 2006 foe Excellence in Customer Responsiveness. 
  •  Kingfisher airline has received the 'India's No. 1 Airline in customer satisfaction'. 
  •  Kingfisher airline has received the 'India's most respected companies'. 
  •  Asurvey conducted by Planman Media in 2006 has rated 'India's 25 Innovation Companies'. 
  •  A Survey conducted by IMB ,it is found that the kingfisher airlines 'The Best Airline' and 'India's Favourite Carrier'. 
  •  Kingfisher airlines has received the 'Best New Domestic Airline for Excellent Services and Cuisine'. 
  •  Skytrax has given to Kingfisher airlines the best 'Service Excellence 2005-2006 for a new airline.  A Survey is conducted by Business magazine and has awarded the best 'India's Most Successful Brand Launch of 2005'. 
  •  'Buzziest Brands of 2005'. 
  •  ranked amongst the Top Ten buzziest brands of 2005and 2006 across product categories, in the survey conducted by agencyfaqs and The Brand Reporter. 
  •  Rated amongst the 'Top Ten Internet Advertisers' by Yahoo. 
  •  Rated amongst 'the top ten in the Best Television Commercial Jingles' by NDTV. 
  •  'Best New Airline of the year' Award for 2005 centre for Asia Pacific Aviation Award in the Asia- Pacific and Middle East region. 




UNETHICAL ACTIVITIES:- 

Now I am discussing with you the unethical practices of Kingfisher airlines. And there are many cases against Kingfisher.

Case 1:-

Ticket of Kingfisher Airlines .....




I have purchased a kingfisher airline ticket from Mumbai to Bhuvneshwar . And  this ticket was booked by one of their travel agents who is working for there company. I was given the Kingfisher airlines ticket with facilities like meal etc. In the very coming day when I reached at Mumbai airport of Kingfisher terminal I was shocked that the flight is operated by Deccan & not by Kingfisher. The ticket for the same plane of Deccan is approx. 4100 and I am already pay the same plane of kingfisher airline is around 7000 approx. This whole thing is unethical business. When I reached Kingfisher airline terminal I was shocked to know that flight is of Deccan which is from other terminal & travel time is approx. 30 min from one terminal to other. Anyhow I managed to board the flight- 

1) No Meal was served to me as it clearly mentioned on the ticket.
2) They had not told to us that the flight is operated by Deccan airlines and not by Kingfisher airlines .
3) I had paid more For Deccan airline.
4)I have sent the mail to Kingfisher and received the reply from Kingfisher officials. This whole is unethical business practice by Kingfisher airlines .

Case 2:-

Refund of Voucher issued in place of cancellation of tickets.  

My communication has been extremely clear that I would look forward for revalidating the voucher issued to me, but in spite of repeated mails I am not able to get a valid response and the customer friendly attitude- customer first thing does not seem to come across. I have also gone through the circular issued by the Civil Aviation authorities and drawn the attention of your staff members towards the same. My request has been to re validate / re issue the voucher, so that I can avail of your services and should not be penalized for canceling a ticket. Am sure you would appreciate the fact that since the voucher is not transferable, I only have to travel- and I would travel only when it is required. Surely I would not avail of any leave and go to a destination just to avail the voucher. You may also want to
consider the option of refunding the same. The intention of encouraging me to use your services or an attempt to do so has not reflected so far. Going by the book and snapping the relation is the simplest thing that one can do. I know for sure that an organization of your stature and repute is brand conscious and customer friendly, quite surprisingly the responses received are contradictory. This is totally unethical practices of kingfisher airlines.

Case 3:-

Unclear Excess Baggage Rules by Staff at the Counter 

The staff at the kingfisher counter is unaware of the contract for carriage rules and is misguiding the passengers .I was carrying an important demo to be shown to some buyers and this weighed more than 35Kgs. The person at the counter declined to accept the baggage and I had to cancel the ticket and meetings for next day. I travelled without this baggage and now the airline has asked me to produce copies of the past counterfoils to justify their position.The lot appears to be unqualified for their jobs and takes the passengers for granted at the cost of the passengers' expense I wish the Chairman of this airline Mr. Vijay Mallya notices this complaint and takes appropriate action to keep up the reputation of his airlines.

Case4:-

Refused to refund/issue another ticket. 

I had booked a ticket from Delhi to Pune on 16/06/2009,ane the departure time of that airline was 8:50 pm. But when I reached Delhi airport, I was surprised that the departure time of flight displayed on the boards was 9:15 pm Then I go to customer support  and had confirmed that the departure time of flight was 9:15.  When I came to airport, I was surprised that flight was on time, when I asked the Kingfisher executives about this case their reply was "Sir, we are extremely sorry, look they have the obesity to say sir we are extremely sorry this happened due to a communication gap between the Crew members and the executives at the ticket reservation counter."  So, I asked for another Ticket in place of my ticket or to refund the amount, but they refused. They have just provided me re-booking charges of Rs. 750 when I issued another ticket (paying Rs. 3000 extra for it) from them on the spot.  I want the full refund of my ticket as I have to suffer due to some communication gap between their own staff.

Case 5:-

Frequent Cancellation/Rescheduling of Flights

I am Pursuing Engineering in SASTRA University Tanjore Tamil Nadu. When I came for vacation and the college was to reopen on 24th june 2009. I had reserved the tickets from Delhi to Chennai in Kingfisher Airlines scheduled to depart from the airport is 12:15 PM. Before leaving from Airport I checked the Kingfisher airline site and found that the flight was on time. But when I came to airport I
came to know that the flight has been cancelled after reaching the airport. When I returned home which is nearly 30 kms from my house. The Kingfisher airlines did not provide proper information and i have to cancell the onward railway ticket from to chennai to trichy and lost around Rs 750 as it was booked under tatkal. And also i have incured a sum of Rs 1000 towards conveyance from residence to airport and vice-versa. So I have rescheduled my travel for 25th for IT-232as I could get the railway reservation on 25th only by a train leaving at 3:30 PM. Today morning I was informed through my father's mobile that the flight has been delayed and will start at 8:50 Hours. This has created a confusion and contacted the airline and thy inform that no such rescheduling has been done. In the evening one more message came that the flight has been rescheduled for 1 PM which will again result in cancellation of the railway reservation as i would not be able to catch it as the probable time of the flight would be around 4 PM if at all no more rescheduling take place. So I am still not sure about my travel plan Already on account of the above I have lost 2 days attendance and also important classes and lab. Because of this I have to face university authorities for explanation. By the above act of Kingfisher Airlines i have lost around Rs 5000 & a lot of peace in my mind. For the last 2 days i was in great tension so i hereby request that proper punitive action against the airlines. A proper response from you would enhance the reputation of your organization.

Case 6:-

Contaminated Water Served on-board 

When I had travelled from Jamshedpur to Kolkata on the 30th of April, 2009. When I was served with a bottle of water on-board which was contaminated and had fungus in it . On the basis of mere faith that airlines provide non-spurious edibles and drinking water, I had consumed the water post which I started having nausea. I immediately escalated the matter to the cabin crew who after inspecting, agreed that the water had fungus and the only thing that she can do is lodge a formal complaint which I presume has been done. On disembarking in Kolkata, I vomited thrice and after that my health has deteriorated. My health had got affected and I missed all the important appointments which was held in Kolkata on the 30th of April, 09. I have sent many emails to kingfisher airline office but the only one reply that I had got is "We have tell the issue immediately with our suppliers who are conducting a through investigation into the matter .We thank you for your feedback and hope you will favour us with your blessings". This has been going on from the past one month now I think Kingfisher Airlines should take a r of the seriousness of this situation and compensate me accordingly.

Case 7:

Delay and non comfortable seats:-

When I had travelled through Kingfisher on 28.05.09 from delhi to hyderabad . In this day the flight was late ,something around 40 minutes and we are sitting in the plane for almost one hour as the flight got delayed after boarding the flight.On the same day when I came again, the flight was again late something around more than eighty minute. And there is no arrangement was made for snacks etc for the morning and evening flight at the airport. There is no facility on the seats in the plane on the return journey which caused lot of problems to the passengers. I have never seen this kind of unavailability of in the plane.
You s such planes which are so inconvenient to travel. This all case shown that the Kingfisher had done very unethical practices

Conclusion

The HR Practices of the Kingfisher Airlines was not so good ....that's why most of the customers are not satisfied with the services of the this airlines .
And now if we see the current status of the Kingfisher Airlines then....the condition is worst
This company is now in a Heavy loss and current situation is that ...this airline is going to be sell.....

and now  no one Prefer to travel in the  Kingfisher Airlines .

Refrances
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingfisher_Airlines

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Kingfisher_Airlines

https://simpleflying.com/what-happened-kingfisher-airlines/



If you have any doubt plz... comment below.....


#Thanks
                                                                                                                     -------Vicky Kumar

Comments

  1. Good job & hard working πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well explained...
    I m totally staggered by the post seriously.
    Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done bro,,,helpful for us

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good points
    Each points explained wellπŸ‘πŸƒ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clear explanation brother!
    Too helpful

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very informative article πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very useful informations for any person who wants to know about the service of this airlines.. Well described

    ReplyDelete
  9. What the game is playing by the airlines...This is not fair

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Tqqqq😘😘😘😘😘😘

      Delete
  11. Super explanation about airlines service πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  12. Content was good bro but could you tell me the most unethitical activity you faced in this airline!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brother I have already mentioned the unethical activities in 7 cases .. which I had Face in this airline ....

      I have explained everything about the unethical activities if you read it carefully then you can definitely understand everything about the ethical and unethical activities

      Delete
  13. Great job bro. πŸ‘πŸ‘
    Lage raho....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment